The Dartmouth-Montshire Institute for Science Education values the dedication and contributions of undergraduate and graduate students and volunteers.
There are many ways to share your science expertise at the Montshire.
- Weekend Volunteer Explainer: Lead science family activities and be a part of the museum experience.
- Science Specialist: Provide expertise and support during special events, such as Igloo Build and Astronomy Day.
Internships and Paid Opportunities
- Internships: There are various internship opportunities, depending on interest and experience. Learn more on the Montshire website.
- Summer Explainer: Enhance the Museum's visitor experience by guiding them through science activities, helping with daily exhibit maintenance and upkeep, and engaging in community outreach.
- Summer Camp Staff: Play an integral role in enriching the museum experience by aiding with program development and leading hands-on activities.
- Work Study: The Montshire offers work study to financially eligible students who want to gain experience in their major while meeting educational expenses. Opportunities include exhibit explainers and education, membership, visitor services, and buildings and grounds assistants. Learn more on the Montshire website.
To find out how you can get involved, contact Kim Milliman, Development Coordinator of Events & Volunteers, at email@example.com.